Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lenten Countdown ~ Lamb of God

Emily's Easter Countdown


Emily loved using an Advent calender to count down the days till Christmas, so for Easter I wanted to do something similar. I was so excited when I found this great idea for making a "Lamb of God" and adding a cotton ball for each day of Lent on Karen Edmisten’s blog (http://www.karenedmisten.blogspot.com/).


To make ours I used a heavy piece of paper and drew a lamb.

Next, I took 46 cotton balls and placed them over the drawing. This helped me number where the cotton balls would be placed each day, I also liked having the numbers so that I could point them out each day as we are counting, since Emily has been into numbers recently. I added two googly eyes because I had them around and thought they looked cute :0)

Finally, Emily will add a cotton ball for each day of Lent starting on Ash Wednesday all the way till Easter.


*There are 40 days in lent because Sundays are not counted, however for this countdown I included them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a neat idea. I have been looking for age-appropriate and meaningful Lent activities lately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails