Saturday, September 12, 2009

Felt Fun

Emily's Ladybug Counting Felt Set

I have seen many posts about felt boards and how much children enjoy them. I remember them from when I was little and have even used them with my own Sunday School classes, but I never thought about using them with Emily.



While searching the web I found a really cute ladybug poem that would go really well with a felt board. So the other day we headed to A.C. Moore in search of felt.


Emily loved putting the spots on the ladybug as I read the poem. I think we did it at least 4 times before she wanted to do something else and then she asked me to read it again a little bit later!


Little Red Bug

by Susan M. Paprocki

Little red bug, oh so cute,
Here's a black spot for your suit.
Now you go and have some fun
With your spot, your very first one.

Little red bug, oh so cute,
Here's a black spot for your suit.
It's so nice to own a few,
So enjoy these lovely two.

Little red bug, oh so cute,
Here's a black spot for your suit.
We are very pleased to see
How nice you look with all three.

Little red bug, oh so cute,
Here's a black spot for your suit.
You might feel that you need more,
So we proudly give you four.

Little red bug, oh so cute,
Here's a black spot for your suit.
Heaven, heaven, sakes alive,
Look at you, you're wearing five!


I think I am now addicted to Felt Board activities, I already have two more in the works!

9 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

This is really cute! Don't you love how inexpensive felt is?! =) I saw that you won the faith baby wear item~ congrats!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Ooh - I love this poem - so cute! We love our felt board too and it can be very addicting! It's a great tool for learning too, for some reason kids just love them! Thanks for sharing. :)

April said...

I love this felt set and poem. I'm going to make these as well. I have already decided that my daughter's 2nd birthday theme (you know the one that is a year away) will be a ladybug theme. I made some new pieces last night but I didn't have enough red felt to complete your watermelon idea yet.

Crystal said...

This is so great. Thanks for sharing...I have been wanting to make some fun felt activities.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This turned out great. My husband informed me that he is heading off to Michael next week for more felt too :)

Christy Killoran said...

I love it. We don't use our felt board as often as we should. I have to admit that I have never made my own sets. I always buy them on Etsy.

Melissa A. said...

Such a cute poem, and your ladybug is adorable! I think I might have to give felt a try. Thanks for the idea!

Melissa A. said...

I left an award for you on my blog! :)

manda said...

Wow! I'm going to do this. I call my girls my ladybugs, and their room is- you guessed it- ladybugs. I guess I should break down and make a felt board. I did see one at teacher supply I just might go buy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails