Friday, September 11, 2009

Unplugged Project ~ Ocean

Emily's Ocean Treasure Keeper

This weeks Unplugged Project theme is Ocean. We will be going on a church retreat in October and it is right on the beach. This year Emily will really enjoy collecting all of the shells and pebbles. When I saw this idea here, I thought that it would be perfect for holding the things she finds while walking on the beach.
First, Emily colored the printout with her really cool Crayola Twistables Crayons!

Then, I gave her some watercolors to color over the crayon.

After it dried I cut out half circles and Emily glued them onto the paper plates.

I stapled around the paper plates, but Emily wanted to give it a try so I took a picture!

She is very proud of her project and can't wait to use it when we go away!

7 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love the project! Now I am thinking of doing the same treasure holder, but with a fall theme for our nature walks around the block. I am so impressed with everything you do, especially considering that you have a baby.

Diane (kidoozy) said...

What a cute idea.
Making a pocket out of paper plates, I'm thinking we could make these for all different treasures.
Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said...

I absolutely love this!!

Christy Killoran said...

That is a really cute project!

Susana said...

This is so sweet and she looks so proud too. A neat idea!

Anonymous said...

It looks like she had fun and your project is cute, and useful! I need to put one in the kitchen to collect all the odd art and photos that come home from school.

Elise said...

Hi Michelle

I have had so much fun catching up on your blog and all of your happenings.

Emily made the perfect piece to collect all of her beach treasures. I can see why she would be so proud of this.

Love the idea of using ziplock bags to mash the bananas.

stART is a wonderful and creative idea. Whenever we do our next craft that is inspired by a book I will be sure to link to your blog.

I am taking note of the simple and fun activities that Juliette is enjoying. Juliette has the most beautiful smile. She is gorgeous just like her big sister.

Emily is so clever to be doing a 48 piece puzzle. I also really liked the marshmallow and toothpick activity. I think that would also be a hit in our house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails